[mythtv-users] aac_latm surround broken in 0.24-fixes

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 10:48:23 UTC 2010

On 21 December 2010 21:24, Martin <martin.rene.mortensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have also tried finding an aac-latm trial - or even trying to convert the
> aac one to aac-latm. No success yet.
>
> That is the file I have - and that is the file that fails - so it seems not
> to be isolated to aac-latm, but also with aac.
>
> Im not sure what other sources I can test.
>
> I played a dvd iso with DTS - works fine - I get the right surround mode in
> my receiver.

When you say surround is broken ; is that all surround channels, or just center?
if all surround, it indicates that your amplifier doesn't support
multi-channels PCM

You can force re-encoding the AC3 , in the advanced audio settings,
check Stereo PCM.

That should fix it for you.

I disabled the MultiChannels PCM setting a few weeks ago as it caused
a lot of problem for many... You're one of the rare person for which
that was required (the other being me :) )

If using a nvidia card with a hdmi link:
check the file
/proc/asound/cardX/eld#Y.0 (where X is the card number, and Y is the
device number starting from 0. So if aplay -l shows Card 0, device 3
as being the first device listed
you need to check /proc/asound/card0/eld#0.0).

And post here its content...

Cheers
Jean-Yves