[mythtv-users] Help with the new theme download requirements for the git Master branch

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Dec 21 12:59:08 UTC 2010

* On Mon Dec 20, 2010 at 10:22:30PM -0600, Greg Oliver wrote:
> It has been a while, but on my current .24 box, I had to add a "Temp"
> Storage Group to my backend as the logfile told me it could not be

You shouldn't have had to do this.  "Temp" is a "built in" Storage Group.
It is set to a 'tmp' subdirectory under the normal MythTV config dir.  On
a *nix box, this is ~/.mythtv/tmp.

If this directory does not exist, the Storage Group code will create it and
will print a warning if the create fails.

I've never had to define a "Temp" Storage Group on my system.  I added the
support for the "built in" groups so that I did not have to do this.  There
is also a built in "Themes" group which points to ~/.mythtv/themes which is
where all downloaded themes get installed.

> found.  Once I added that Storage Group, the theme downloads worked.
> Before I added that, the status bar would just bounce back and forth
> endlessly and I would have to kill the frontend.

Can you re-test without this "Temp" Storage Group defined and look for
error messages in the FE and BE logs?

> This is all with a fixes branch from a while ago, of course it could
> all be different now.

Not much has changed in that area.  I don't recall fixing any bugs related
to this since that's core functionality that would have had to have worked
during testing.

--
Chris