[mythtv-users] When Installing a second Pinnacle tuner card, it's default configuration is analog, not the QAM Samsung my first card has.

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Tue Dec 21 20:28:09 UTC 2010

On 12/21/2010 12:18 PM, Devin Heitmueller wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 3:03 PM, Douglas Peale
> <Douglas_Peale at comcast.net> wrote:
>> Some of us do not have windows.
>
> Uh, Windows has like a 95% market share.  So you think it's ok to
> waste a bunch of other peoples' time debugging your issue, rather than
> you just finding a Windows PC to try it in?  I call "bullshit".
>
> Try it in your office.  Go to a friend's house.  Use your mother's PC.
>  Whatever.  Oh, when reporting that hardware doesn't work, how about
> pointing out up front that you bought *used* hardware?
>
> I'm not trying to troll here, but people get a clue.  Do some basic
> sanity testing before wasting everybody else's time.
>
> Devin

It was not my issue, so I was not wasting your time.
The last time I needed a windows machine, I needed to update the firmware on a Split Fish FragFX version 1.0.
I tried with my old windows 2000 machine, but the software would not run on Windows 2000
I am unemployed, so there is no office machine I could use.
The friend I could have borrowed a computer from has moved 3000 miles away.
I managed to get the firmware updated by taking the FragFX with me when I went to my parents for Thanksgiving, and first
borrowing a Vista laptop from a neighbor of my parents (my parents do not use windows either), but that did not work. Then
borrowing an XP laptop that was finally capable of updating the firmware.

So just because YOU paid the Microsoft tax and it is easy for you to get access to Windows, don't assume we have easy access to
Windows.