[mythtv-users] Mythmusic playlists

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Wed Dec 22 19:15:16 UTC 2010

On 22/12/10 01:20, john blue wrote:
> I am using the standard packages under OpenSuSE 11.3, current my version is 0.24.I have a FE.BE as master backend, one
> slave BE/FE, and anotherFE/BE which is the main FE for family use.
>
> I have created playlists, but they disappear if Myttv is exited, or the computers have been powered off, the playlists
> disappear and have to be created again.
>
> >From what I have seen so far, it appears playists are F/E specific,and need to be created on each F/E. Is this a correct
> assumption?

No, playlists are global and so all FE's should have the same playlists
with the exception of the current playlist which each FE has it's own copy.

> I would appreciate some advice on where to look, to sort out this problem. If it may be a permissions issue, (system is
> running as mythtv and users group) what directories do I need to check.

The playlists are stored in the database so it can't be a permissions
problem. When the playlists are loaded there is a check to make sure the
tracks still exist in the database but IIRC it does not check if the
file actually exists on the file system.

> If the F/E logs would be the best place to resolve this, what would be the approprate log options to start mythfronten
> to achive a suitable message in the log?

Try 'mythfrontend -v database'. Should at least tell us if there is a
problem loading and saving the playlists from the DB.

One other thing springs to mind how do you exit mythfrontend? For some
reason known only to the person who wrote it MythMusic only saves the
playlists to the database when the FE is shut down so if the FE is not
exited cleanly the playlist will be lost.

> Thank you for any advice.
> Seasons greetings to all on mythtv and a special thank you to all the developers and contributors to this great project!
>
> Best wishes,
> John

Paul H.