[mythtv-users] Papercuts (was "Delete A Series")

Ajay Sharma ajayrockrock at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 23:25:45 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 2:11 PM,  <greg at nodecam.com> wrote:
>> Where they take a bunch of little annoying things and fix them to
>> increase the usability?  While I appreciate the workaround for
>> deleting a series it not very intuitive.  I'm not knocking the devs or
>> anything like that.  But I think these little things are getting lost
>> with all the other big awesome things.
>
> I think deleting a series is exactly as hard as it should be - it's not
> something you want to do by accident.  Sometimes it's better for something
> to be possible and slightly more difficult than to make it simpler.
>
> (I have on several occasions deleted an entire series, and was going to
> respond to your original, but it had already been answered.)
>
> Not to say that Myth doesn't have 100's of "papercuts" available, but I
> don't think this is one of them.

I think it should be easier then it is now, but not TOO easy so people
wipe out a whole series if they sat on their remote.  A simple dialog
box saying, "You're about to delete X episodes of '<show name>', do
you want to continue?"  With "no" being selected by default.  That
should be suffice.

I'm not a C++ developer but would love to help organize something like this.

--Ajay