[mythtv-users] Build a robust FE - irritated with IONs

Moasat - mythtv mythtv at moasat.dyndns.org
Thu Dec 23 14:45:51 UTC 2010

I have 3 IONs and have been having trouble playing back anything with a
decent AV sync.  They seem powerful enough and I think I am using VDPAU
normal on them, but the AV sync swings so much it is distracting.  If it
were always a fixed amount of time off, I could adjust for that.  But there
are times, even within the same 30 minute show where the sync will be find,
then it will be as much as .5 seconds off.

Very frustrating, and only started to occur with 0.24.  I keep thinking that
others must be having the same problems and that I only need to wait for a
fix but now I'm starting to believe that it must be just on my setup.  I
would downgrade to 0.23 but I don't want to restore to a DB backup that is
several months old now.

For those that are having success with IONs, can you post what sort of
settings you have for X, nvidia-settings, type of refresh sync (opengl,
xvideo, etc) or anything else you can think of that would cause AV sync
issues?  I am using VDPAU and ALSA to either HDMI or spdif, compositing is
disabled - pretty basic but I must be missing something.