[mythtv-users] Build a robust FE - irritated with IONs

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Dec 23 16:48:05 UTC 2010

On Thursday, December 23, 2010 09:42:26 am Atlanta Geek wrote:
> I feel your pain. I was very disappointed in my ion system but mostly
> about its flash performance.

That's a known limitation, and shouldn't be unexpected. You can't blame
ION if it can't do something it wasn't designed to do.

I have a CrystalHD installed in my Revo, not doing anything now, but
hoping to be ready for the future.

Any Flash content I play through my PlayOn server, which transcodes to
something that VDPAU can handle. Of course that's just moving the CPU
requirement to a different machine, but that one's in the garage where a
noisy beast is acceptable.