[mythtv-users] Build a robust FE - irritated with IONs

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Dec 23 19:20:17 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-12-23 at 19:17 +0000, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:

> vdpau works fine here with my zotac zbox id-11
> Central CPU sits a 10% while playing ITV1 HD.  (in the UK)

From what I am understanding (Flash content aside because we all know
and understand that Flash on IONs is a non-starter) CPU load is
orthogonal to the complaints being made in this thread since all of the
rendering that people (the sports nuts complaining about the high motion
scenes) are complaining about is done in the GPU.

The complaints seem to be with VDPAU's rendering on certain content
(hi-motion sports).

b.