[mythtv-users] Fedora vs. CentOS - Thoughts

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 22:06:38 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 20:24, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
>> We do extensively use the cluster suite as well, so I guess you have
>> to take my opinion with a grain of salt, because I guess without RH we
>> would not have that either  :)
>
> Haven't ever used it myself. Is it good or bad? :)

Most of the current "plumbing" of the RHEL6 cluster suite is from
clusterlabs.org pacemaker (and related) code which is also open
source (to which RH/Novel/? does contribute/support).  The value
add from RH (not in other distros) appears to be to put a GUI layer
on top, which I personally do not use (what is wrong with CLI and
(XML) config files anyway?)  The GUI looks OK from the screenshots...

My experience is that it does what it says it does, which is good.

And, while I have not spent time reading the RH docs, the origin
documentation does make an attempt to make clear what it cannot
and does not do, and failure modes (including the obscure).  For
people doing clustering this is important to understand.

Gary