[mythtv-users] what MythTV needs now that there is a new OSD system...

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 00:41:20 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 6:22 AM, Richard Morton
<richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote:
> interesting that you can do that with the OSD (add flash and browser
> components) but in order to do this wouldnt there need to be a guide
> to the themers of which mandatory components should be included, an
> infrastructure for getting content and re-formatting it for display...
> and that is assuming the remote control can be used to interact with
> these components... so, as you say the foundation is there but this is
> not a small task. (and I am not even commenting on the difficulty of
> locating content that will be permitted to be used in this way).

I agree, though I would want a system by which these "apps" can
over-ride the theme, so the look isn't fixed to a structure the theme
dictates, so say the theme can propose a visual style that the app can
use, or the app can fore-go that and do it's own thing.

So now we just need someone with the skillset to create the MythApps
plugin and the now obviously named MythAppStore.com ...

I love the idea that libmythui allows for this and all that would need
to be added is some method of controlling the apps to be implemented.

Mark, could these windows also display another recording? Could you in
then in theory do multiple PIP screens and layouts this way as well?

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!