[mythtv-users] mythweb does not use 24 hour clock

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Fri Dec 24 14:21:27 UTC 2010

Hi!

On 12/24/2010 6:05 AM, Ismo Tanskanen wrote:
> I can't set 24h clock in mythweb
>
> If I change it in mythweb settings/tv (time format 09:00/09:00 ->
> 09:00/21:00) and save, it just moves back to default 09:00/09:00 if I go
> to other mythweb page and then back. I also tried to change %I to %H in
> date format fields, same issue.

They get reset at each page change. That's a known bug that was
corrected 3 days ago...

re: http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9315

> So, I can't get 24h clock work, and here in finland, there is no am/pm
> markings, so I don't know if time shows morning or evening..

It sounds like the time format chosen might not be the best for Finland
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_and_time_notation_by_country#Finland)
so you might wish to get in contact with the Finnish translator (see
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Translation).

> I'm using 0.24 stable branch revision 27419
> With my old server and 0.21, it works as expected.
 >
 > Any suggestions?

AFAIK, it was not backported to 0.24-fixes (and the revision you have
would be too old to have the fix anyway) so the easiest way for you to
fix it would be to edit the generic_time entry in
modules/_shared/lang/Finnish.lang (could be under /var/www,
/var/www/mythweb or elsewehere)

Have a nice day!

Nick