[mythtv-users] XMLTV on SAT channels

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at computer.org
Fri Dec 24 15:38:45 UTC 2010

On 24/12/10 16:04, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> I want to add this info on SAT channels, how can I do that?

Ensure that your channels have the xmltv IDs set. Then use
mythfilldatabase to import the file into the database.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythfilldatabase#3._Run_mythfilldatabase_with_the_--file_flag

By way of example, here is the grabber script I use.

#!/bin/bash
pushd ~mythtv/.xmltv
rm tv_grab*.out
nice tv_grab_uk_rt --config-file tv_grab_uk_rt.conf.new --output
tv_grab_uk_rt.out
nice tv_grab_nl_py --config-file tv_grab_nl_py.conf --output
tv_grab_nl_py.out --cache cache --compat
nice /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --file 1 tv_grab_uk_rt.out
nice /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --file 1 tv_grab_nl_py.out
popd

The "1" after "--file" is the video source ID, of which I have only one
at the moment.

HTH, Jan