[mythtv-users] How to make MythBuntu automount CD/DVDs?

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 19:20:11 UTC 2010

Did some more digging and it seems the root cause is because hald is
not running.  I haven't found any script in /etc/init or /etc/init.d
that does (or did) start hald, so I'm not sure if it _ever_ gets
started.

However, even after starting it manually I get no satisfaction.  I can
now run lshal and get data on the devices, but inserting CDs in the
drive does not result in automounts.  I can't even get a commercial CD
to mount, although I can mount an audio CD that I burned.

I am ending up with more questions and still no answers.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Craig.