[mythtv-users] Interesting Reading: Windows Secrets reviews AppleTV and GoogleTV

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 21:54:10 UTC 2010

On 24 December 2010 02:19, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:

>   No. They find each other once you set up both the AppleTV and the iTunes
> installation account on each relevant PC.

not true.

Both my iPad and iPhone would see the Apple TV.

And the ATV appears on my iTunes option to stream audio and video
without an account set up.

For the ATV to directly access content of iTunes on the PC or mac,
then yes they both need to be registered under the same "home sharing"

>    Very little that is of relevance to the normal user is open source.
>
>    Mostly, the open part of MacOS just allows Apple to host their proprietary
> components without the need to invest much of their own resources in the non
> user facing elements of the system.

You seem to forget some of the core technologies actually published by
Apple in OpenSource and used by many appliances out there.
Main one being WebKit.

> ...for limited functionality. "Just works" is only useful if there
> isn't some really fundemental use case that gets ingored in the process.

Anyhow, this is pissing against the wind, if there is anything bad to
say about apple you're always first in the queue, and the minute
apple's name is mentioned, you can be sure to find a post of yours
telling on how crap it is, how evil they are and much better things
would have been should you had been in charge.

Typical troll.