[mythtv-users] Looking for a New remote

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Fri Dec 24 23:29:41 UTC 2010

On 2010-12-24, at 1:09 PM, Brian Wood wrote:

> I've heard nothing but good reports about the Harmonys from people who
> actually own them, all the negatives I've heard come from non-owners,
> and are all price-related, which says something.

Really? I have two (880 & 890) and have plenty of complaints.

The setup website is an exercise in frustration. The smooth symmetric layout means I have to usually think about which key I'm on. The charging mechanism doesn't. One of the soft keys has stopped actuating. On a $20 device I would understand but at the $200 level?

I could write more but in the spirit of Christmas I'll stop here to keep the bad vibes brief. Ho ho ho! ;)

- George