[mythtv-users] XMLTV on SAT channels

Emmanuel eallaud at gmail.com
Sat Dec 25 17:39:29 UTC 2010

Josu Lazkano a écrit :
> 2010/12/25 Jan Ceuleers <jan.ceuleers at computer.org>:
>
>> Josu,
>>
>> On 25/12/10 02:09, Josu Lazkano wrote:
>>
>> You're welcome, but please don't top post.
>>

> Sorry for the top post and thank for your help.
>

>> If you want to use tv_grab_es_miguiatv then you're not using EIT.
>>

> I try Grabber and EIT on the Video Source:
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1541853/source1.png
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1541853/source2.png
>

>> Have a look at the manpage here:
>>
>> http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/lucid/man1/tv_grab_es_miguiatv.1p.html
>>
>> Scanning for channels is done from the Video Source section in mythtv-setup,
>> while setting the XMLTV IDs is done in the Channel Editor, or via MythWeb
>> (which is the method I prefer because you can copy and paste).
>>

> I can not scan any channel on Video Source screen, I use to scan
> channels on Channel Editor or Conections screens. And if I select
> Grabber on the Video Source I can nor scan any channel.
>

>> So in one screen you open the XML file created by the grabber, and in
>> another screen you open MythWeb (e.g.
>> http://yourserver/mythweb/settings/tv/channels). The XML file starts with a
>> list of channels of the form
>>
>> <channel id="xmltv.id.of.channel.1">
>>  (various channel attributes such as icons)
>> </channel>
>>
>> So you copy the XMLTV IDs from the XML file into the MythWeb channel editor,
>> then run mythfilldatabase as described earlier.
>>

> On the Channel editor, I can not set any channel ID.
>
> Sorry for all questions, I am new on the grabber world. Thanks again
> for all help.
>
> Eguberri on (happy christmas) for all!

Well what I do is put no grabber in the video source screen AFTER i
scanned all channels, then go back to channel editor and put my xmltv ids.
And then I go back and put back eit in the video source.
Yes I use both: as many channels as possible by the xmltv grabber
because its higher quality epg and the remaining via the broadcaster's
longterm eit.
HTH
Bye
Manu