[mythtv-users] Swapping in a new flatpanel

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Sun Dec 26 00:29:51 UTC 2010

My girlfriend gave me a Samsung B2230 (22", 1920x1050) panel for my
birthday, which I'd like to use with my Myth box, and I'm hoping it's an
easy drop-in but I want to check with other Myth users before I mess with
It Works Great Already.

I have onboard nVidia GeForce 6100 for video, running Fedora 9 and nVidia
binaries. I only watch SD on this dedicated FE/BE machine and only will for
the foreseeable future. I don't want to mess with more than adjusting X - I
don't want this gift to cost me any money or (much) time.

Currently I display on a 17" CRT running at 102x768 and I rarely use the
desktop for anything - Myth just sits at the Recorded Programs screen.

After I adjust X will Myth just automagically fill the whole screen? Or
will the image only fill part of the screen? Or what?

Or would I be better off with another panel - I can still Exchange/Return
it.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!