[mythtv-users] Need help getting lineup changes from Schedules Direct reflected in MythTV

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 21:16:55 UTC 2010

On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 8:57 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> If you're using an analog input (i.e. digital cable with an STB + PVR-x50 or
> HD-PVR) or an unscannable digital input (i.e. firewire from an STB), you
> need to run:
>
> mythfilldatabase --only-update-channels --do-not-filter-new-channels
>
> and, if you need MythTV to change any of the existing channel information,
> include --do-channel-updates .
>
> Then, run:
>
> mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all
>
> Mike

Hrrrm.

First off, thanks Mike for the feedback.  Your advice has always been
on the money in the past, so I'm guessing I didn't follow directions.
My teachers were always after me for that ;-)

I did:

mythfilldatabase --only-update-channels --do-not-filter-new-channels
--do-channel-updates

and then did:

mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all

But...  When I then ran mythtv-setup and checked in the Channel Editor
screen, neither the channel that should have been added nor the two
that should have been dropped had been acted on.  OTOH, the (unrelated
to the current issue) channels that I had manually redirected to their
new channel numbers (not yet updated in SD) got reset to their
"official" channels.  When the current recording (fortunately not on
any of the channels I'm trying to work on) finishes, I'll have to get
back in there and fix them.

Should I not have combined --do-channel-updates with the first run of
mythfilldatabase?

Should I have instead done three runs with --do-channel-updates as the
only switch on the command line for the second run?

Craig.