[mythtv-users] playing bluray

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 02:44:37 UTC 2010

Hi

On 27 December 2010 11:09, Neil Cooper <neilcoo at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> You can see from the output I already provided that it reports it found the key OK.

nowhere in your log does it state that.

Just that it found ~/.mythtv/KEYDB.cfg

very different thing that what libaacs will retrieve

>> So again, how sure are you ? :)
>
> quite sure, but still mystified. I'm starting to guess/wonder if mythbuntu comes with some codec installed that the internal player uses for blu-ray (and which it calls an A/V decoder), which is still missing if you install mythtv and all the w64 and non-free codec packages on vanilla ubuntu.
>
> Just for completeness I've included the output from mythavtest below, this time from explicitly umounting/mounting /dev/sr0 /mnt/cdrom0 first and using my "Layer Cake" Blu-Ray disk. Still fails with the same "missing A/V decoder" problem as ever though:

FWIW, I had *exactly* the same issue last week when I attempted to
play some blurays.

Turned out I was using /media/cdrom when I should have been using
/media/cdrom0 ...

Robert helped me troubleshoot this problem for almost an hour !

unfortunately libaacs doesn't follow symlinks ...
If you do not want to use the actual original mount point, you can
manually declare all the keys in the ~/.mythtv/KEYDB.cfg file. But
it's quite annoying to have to enter the key for all the disks you
want to play ..