[mythtv-users] Most stable compatible Linux distribution

Tom Runner tomj.runner at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 09:32:42 UTC 2010

Well after finally fixing my IR blaster issue by recompiling the hdpvr
module, I never succeed to get back "recordings" and "live TV" working. I
tried to recompile the hdpvr module again. Totally drop the database and
recreated it. The logs were not giving a clear direction, error changing
each time.
When backend is stopped, the cat /dev/video0 > test.mpg works perfectly
well. So it's most certainly an issue in MythTV.

So many tries and others changes that now I gave up and will retry from a
vanilla installation.

This computer is dedicated to 3 things:
- MPD
- XBMC.
- MythTv

As I restart a full install, what would you recommend in term of stability,
simplicity and compliance with the above applications between Ubuntu 10.10
and Fedora 14, knowing that in any case I will have to recompile hdpvr in
order to have my Hauppage 4903 recognized.

Thanks