[mythtv-users] Looking for a New remote

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 10:00:55 UTC 2010

On Monday, 13 December 2010, Michael Drons <mdrons at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am looking for a new remote for a new mythfrontend.  The remote must have a
> very high wife acceptance.  I currently have a MCE and gyration remote, and they
> work, but they each have there issues.
>

> I have never had good luck with remotes.  I am hoping someone can give me a good
> recommendation.
>
> I am in the US if it matters.
>
> Thanks, Mike

Last year I bought.  The MX-880 from "universal remote control"
http://www.universalremote.com/products/residential/remotes/mx-880

With the radio->IR hub

Not cheap, nor easy to set up, but once it's done it works superbly.
Far better than my equivalent logitech.

The pc tool however is "weird". Don't know how else to describe it,
the logic sometimes is ....  Illogical.

So I still strongly recommend it, especially if you dont mind teaking
things to get it perfect.. On the PC for the receiver I got an
happauge MCE USB receiver.

The radio adapter has stickers that I plugged on all the appliances in
my cabinet so I can use the mx880 without line of sight.
They have a zigbee version too.