[mythtv-users] Most stable compatible Linux distribution

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Mon Dec 27 17:27:12 UTC 2010

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 10:12:57AM +0000, Richard Morton wrote:
> >As I restart a full install, what would you recommend in term of stability, simplicity
> >and compliance with the above applications between Ubuntu 10.10 and Fedora 14.
>
> I doubt you are going to get a definitive answer. They are both well

   Use what you're most comfortable with. Stability should be the same
regardless of what distribution you are using. The version of MythTV
you run will primarily determine how stable your setup is. Just avoid
using development snapshots and you should be fine.

   Mainly just don't mess around with it once you've got it deployed.
Treat it like an appliance that you're not prone to change frequently.

> known and well supported distributions it is simply down to personal
> preference. I have not seen any specific issues with either; although
> I understand that there maybe an issue with upgrades from 10.04 to
> 10.10 but as you are looking at a fresh install this isnt an issue for
> you here.

    As far as Ubuntu goes, I would tend to stick with 10.04 since it's an
LTS version and old enough that it's probably more debugged than 10.10.

[deletia]