[mythtv-users] How to identify Cable box codeset

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Dec 28 15:02:20 UTC 2010

On 12/28/2010 04:38 AM, Mike Perkins wrote:
> On 28/12/10 11:10, Tom Runner wrote:
>>
>> My wonderful Cable company told me there box is specific and they cannot
>> give me codeset.
>>
> "Please cancel my subscription."
>
> I bet that will help them to change their minds, even if you're only
> bluffing.

Or tell them that when you press X on your <name of fancy remote> you
get <some premium channel you don't pay for>, and you'd like to know the
correct codes to use so you don't have to watch those awful movies.

Will at least get you a visit I'd guess.

Or you could demand a firewire-enabled unit, which is your right, so you
can use F/W for control, since you can't get the codes.