[mythtv-users] How to identify Cable box codeset

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Tue Dec 28 15:32:16 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 10:29 AM, Greg <greg12866 at nycap.rr.com> wrote:
> On 12/28/2010 06:10 AM, Tom Runner wrote:
>
> Hi all
>
> My wonderful Cable company told me there box is specific and they cannot
> give me codeset. Still the Harmony one remote can work with this cable box
> (now TV), which is registered in their database.
>
> I tried the Mark's script to send Power command, on Jarod's web site, but
> without success. Any idea on how I can identify the proper code ?
>
> Thanks

It's worth noting that the database covered by the codeset search in
the script is pretty old.  If the cable box is relatively new, it's
possible that it simply won't work with the Zilog blaster.  This is
especially an issue with some of the newer low cost DTA boxes.

But yeah, definitely know what type of cable box it is would help.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com