[mythtv-users] Recording every Movie does not work - Says it will record Earlier

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Dec 28 19:41:55 UTC 2010

  On 12/28/2010 02:28 PM, Douglas Peale wrote:
> On Comcast, I have one channel with 56 subchannels (two TV stations, the rest are encrypted), and another with 33 subchannels (2
> TV stations, 1 encrypted, and the rest radio stations).

Yes.  Assuming he plays it back at 20x timestretch.  Oh, wait, with 12
tuners, he'd need up to 240x timestretch.)

(In other words, when you're recording more hours than there are in the
day, you're just wasting bits on a hard drive.  Even 1 hour of recording
with his 240 tuners is 10 days of recordings...  Who needs this amount
of content?)

Mike