[mythtv-users] Failed to change channel error

Jim Morton Jim at Morton.hrcoxmail.com
Tue Dec 28 20:06:25 UTC 2010

On 12/28/2010 2:54 PM, Harry Devine wrote:
> On 12/24/2010 02:48 PM, Harry Devine wrote:
>> On 12/24/2010 02:16 PM, John P Poet wrote:

>>> Some people have had trouble with the 0.23 to 0.24 upgrade, where the
>>> freqid column in the channel database looses it's value somehow.  This
>>> can cause the symptoms you are seeing.
>>>
>>> If you bring up mythweb, check to make sure that for each channel on
>>> the HD-PVR, that the "freqid" value matches the "channum" value.  If
>>> it doesn't, fix that, and it will probably fix your problem.
>>>

>>> John
>> I just verified that they match.  I tried using the 6200ch program
>> earlier to change channels via firewire and it failed, so I removed
>> the cable and put it back in, and it worked again.  However, I still
>> have the same problem trying to record (same errors I should say).
>>
>> Has something changed in the mythtv-setup on the 0.24 upgrade that
>> would cause the backend to fail in changing channels?  It seems like
>> this is where the issue is.
>>
>> I can put up more logs or info if anyone wants to see it.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Harry
>>

> Anyone?  Since the channel is on a HDPVR source, is Myth trying to
> change the channel on the HDPVR itself instead of via the Firewire?  I
> tried putting the following into the Input Connections for the channel
> changer script, but it didn't work: "/usr/bin/6200ch %CHANID%".  I can
> run 6200ch manually and it works OK.
>
> Thanks!
> Harry

I'm certainly no expert but if you can run the script manually and it
works then it sounds like a permissions issue.
Does the script have rwxr-xr-x permissions?
Try logging in as the myth user and running the script (without sudo.)
I believe the entry should be just '/usr/bin/6200ch'.
Beyond that I'm not gonna be much help.