[mythtv-users] How to identify Cable box codeset

Rick rbonafied at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 00:36:31 UTC 2010

On 12/28/2010 06:10 AM, Tom Runner wrote:
> Hi all
>
> My wonderful Cable company told me there box is specific and they cannot
> give me codeset. Still the Harmony one remote can work with this cable
> box (now TV), which is registered in their database.
>
> I tried the Mark's script to send Power command, on Jarod's web site,
> but without success. Any idea on how I can identify the proper code ?
>
> Thanks

What are you using as your blaster?  For me, the blaster connected from
the pvr-150 to my comcast stb had to be exactly in the right spot.  By
exactly, I mean, deviate so much as a millimeter or two and the stb
wouldn't catch the signal.

One thing I discovered with comcast is their stb'es all work with the
same remote.  Perhaps you can find another model offered by the same
cable company and see if anyone else had luck.  Assuming, of course,
that your cable company uses the same remote for all or most of their
equipment.

Rick