[mythtv-users] playing bluray

John Welch jrw3319 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 04:12:42 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 10:53 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, 29 December 2010, John Welch <jrw3319 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Figured I would post here since I'm having essentially the same
>> problem as the OP.  Just got a new Plextor USB BD-drive, but so far my
>> attempts to use it with Linux/MythTV have failed.  When I run
>> 'mythavtest' with more verbose decryption logging I get a bunch of
>> stuff, which I'll be happy to post if requested.  However, I'm
>> guessing the key to my problem might be these two lines:
>>
>> libaacs/aacs.c:618: Failed to initialize AACS! (0x238b130)
>> libaacs/aacs.c:630: AACS destroyed! (0x238b130)
>>
>> I'm sure I've probably done something wrong with my setup work, but I
>> have no idea what.  Libaacs *seemed* to compile and install correctly,
>> and I installed the 64-bit binary of aacskeys into /usr/local/bin.
>>
>> I've Googled both "error" messages that I've posted and got exactly zero hits.
>>

> Libaacskeys is NOT libaacs
>
> You must install libaacs if you want your bd playback to work.

Hmm, I *think* I at least have the right software installed.  I
downloaded libaacs from the VLC git repo, and ran through the
necessary steps (bootstrap, configure, make, make install (as root)).
I also downloaded aacskeys following the link in the wiki.  I copied
the pre-compiled 64-bit Linux binary that was included in this archive
into /usr/local/bin.  Not sure if I had to do this or not, but the
instructions I read somewhere seemed to indicate that it was
necessary.  Where did I mention "libaacskeys" that you are referring
to in your response?

Thanks,
John