[mythtv-users] HD-PVR IR Receiving Help

Ray Parrish rparrish at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 15:41:26 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I have been giving some thought to trying to use my HD-PVR's IR
Receiver to free up my current receiver for another system, and I have
found that almost all of the documentation for the HD-PVR seems to
focus on IR blasting rather than receiving. The few discussions which
have mentioned IR receiving also mention freezing caused by the
polling in lirc_zlog. Is this still a problem?

What is required from start to finish to get receiving set up?

I am currently running Ubuntu 10.04 (kernel 2.6.32-27) with the
Mythbuntu auto-builds at version 0.24-fixes. I also have the v4l-dvb
source sitting on my BE/FE in anticipation of any patch/compiling
needs.

thank you,

-Ray