[mythtv-users] SeriesID

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 18:33:54 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 11:41 AM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:
> On 12/29/2010 12:11, Greg Oliver wrote:
>>
>> I'm making some changes to mythvidexport.py to accommodate when some
>> episodes of series I watch do not have metadata, and from the series I
>> have examined and plan to export, the season and episode numbers are
>> in the seriesid.
>
> No.  Seriesid and programid often have the season and episode number, but
> they are just a guaranteed unique ID used by your guide data provider.
>  There is no standard format used by them, nor is the season or episode
> number required to take any part in the generation of those IDs.  If they
> were reliably usable, I would have used them in the first place instead of
> doing a title/subtitle search for TV shows.

I guess that's true  :)

>> I am basically just going to make it fall back to listing data rather
>> than generic if nothing is found, but the only way I can see to get
>> the season/episode is from seriesid.
>
> I forgot to do so when updating the script for 0.24 and the new grabber
> interface, but I've done so now.  The script now (or rather again) takes a
> --listingonly tag, that skips the metadata grab, and applies the non-generic
> format string to the existing EPG data.

The version I have been using already had those options and they are
working well.  But it is either or currently.  I am planning on
letting it use the grabber, and if it fails, fall back to
--listingonly format.  Currently falling back to generic just
overwrites the previous export.

>> Modifying generic to include the subtitle is the only other
>> alternative I can think of - I never really looked until recently, and
>> when it is falling back to generic, it just overwrites the previous
>
> The export formats are not statically defined.  You can set a new generic
> format string that includes '%SUBTITLE%'.  See --printformat and --gformat.

Yep - works great, I was just trying to grab season/episode from
seriesid, but as you said, it is not always there.  Oh well, I may
just ditch the desire to have a "Series/Season/Episode" layout for
these shows.  Or, I guess I could *wait* for the metadata  :)

Thanks again

-Greg