[mythtv-users] Cover images not showing up [SOLVED]

E. Westbrook mythtv-users at westbrook.com
Wed Dec 29 22:35:45 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 17:57, Alan Murrell <lists at murrell.ca> wrote:

> I tend to not use spaces in my directory and file names, using the
> underscore character instead.  MythTV does not seem to like this (or rather,
> I suppose the metadata grabber does not like this).

I find this most disappointing, as spaces are a bane of the command line
(and therefore my life) where files are concerned.  I have recently begun
investigating my own metadata situation and feared this was the case...
despite being encouraged by seeing somewhere in the wiki that spaces,
hyphens, and underscores were treated equally, by at least one component.

Those separator characters should be treated equally by all components, in
my opinion.  I do not remotely relish being compelled to add spaces to
filenames.

Corrections to any misunderstandings on my part most welcome, as always.

$0.02,
EW