[mythtv-users] Firewire partial lock

Dan Ritter dsr-myth at tao.merseine.nu
Thu Dec 30 17:48:58 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 05:06:22PM -0600, Brad Crotchett wrote:
> I have been through every thread I can find on this topic, but I still
> can't solve my main issue.  Live TV never works and I just get a partial
> lock with "L__" on the OSD.  Recordings work fine for a while and then
> stop working until the box is rebooted.
>
> At one time test-mpeg2 would work, but now I just get zero-sized files.
> Everything worked fine until I made the move to firewire on Ubuntu
> (previously CentOS 5).  Any tips on what to look for or how to
> troubleshoot?
>
> Ubuntu 10.04
> Mythtv-0.23
> 04:08.2 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Creative Labs SB Audigy FireWire Port (rev
> 04)

You are probably not priming the FW connection properly. This is
(a) frustratingly opaque and (b) frustratingly undependable.

Try using a FW channel changer to change the channel to a
known-good channel, cycling the power, waiting a while to let
the cable box reset itself, and then try priming. Script this
all up and run it on boot.

-dsr-

You can't defend freedom by getting rid of it.