[mythtv-users] Can't seem to permanently delete channels

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Thu Dec 30 18:57:21 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 12:59 PM, Mike Perkins
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> On 30/12/10 17:16, Eric Sharkey wrote:
>>
>>  I checked again and the channels were still there.  Then I tried
>> deleting the channels in mythweb.  This seemed to have no effect at
>> all.
>>
> This may be because of the number of channels in your list, which translates
> to a number of fields per channel in mythweb. This total (fields per channel
> x no of channels) may exceed a preset limit within apache (set by your
> distro). Another possibility is the total buffer space allowed for field
> content to be received into. Have a look within your apache conf files - I
> also had to find and amend a suhosin conf file.

Thanks.

I don't see any warnings in /var/log/apache2/error.log.  I also don't
see anything obvious in any of the various apache or php config files
that look like a memory limit.  I also don't see anything about this
in the mythweb entry of the MythTV wiki or the official docs.  Can you
give me a bigger hint?  Right now, pressing the save button appears to
just reload the page with no changes.

Eric