[mythtv-users] HDHomerun virtual tuners question

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Thu Dec 30 21:47:05 UTC 2010

On 12/30/2010 16:15, Harry Devine wrote:
> I just re-did my setup and when I added my HDHR, I saw that I had 4
> virtual tuners.  Well, 2 days ago, I had to reset my router at home,
> and the IP address changed for the HDHR.  So I went back into
> mythtv-setup and changed the IP for it, and now I see that I only have
> 3 virtual tuners: 1 for tuner 0 and 2 for tuner 1.
>
> How can I get the 2nd one for tuner 0 back?  Just for the record, I
> couldn't find anywhere on my router where I can permanantly assign the
> IP to the HDHR MAC address.

Delete all your existing tuners, and add your HDHR back using the serial
number found on the bottom of the device.  MythTV will auto-detect your
HDHR, regardless of what IP address was handed out by your DHCP server.

If you continue using direct IP assignment of the HDHR in MythTV, you
will only be able to access the first tuner.  If you tell MythTV to use
the second tuner through a direct IP address, it will still only access
the first tuner, due to a flaw in MythTV, and you will end up with
resource conflicts and failed recordings.