[mythtv-users] F14 PVR-150 and LIRC

Dave Alverson davemyth at test.xetron.com
Thu Dec 30 22:52:49 UTC 2010

I recently upgraded from Fedora 12 to 14. I have a PVR-150 that I use
for the IR receiver. It has an IR-blaster that I am not using. The
fedora software is up to date with kernel 2.6.35.10-74.fc14.i686.PAE.
I've seen some of the other threads and it looks like I need to use
lirc_zilog now.  When I first did a modprobe lirc_zilog (without the
haup-ir-blaster.bin firmware file) I got a hard lockup of the system
shortly after the modprobe.

Later I had the firmware file installed and had booted into run level
3 so I could see any messages.  When I did a modprobe lirc_zilog
debug=1, it loaded fine. To get some debugging info, I did an rmmod,
moved the firmware file and did the modprobe again. I didnt get any of
the debug prints or the oops on the console (maybe they were on
another virtual tty), but I did get some oops logged thru syslog, that
looked similar to RH bug #635045.

So with the firmware file there, its working.  What's the best way to
get that module loaded at startup before lirc runs. I currently have a
small hack to the lirc init script.

I do seem to get repeated codes a lot (press it once but it acts like
I pressed it twice). If I do real short taps of the buttons it usually
doesn't repeat.  Are there any settings in the lirc.conf file to keep
it from repeating unless I hold it longer?

I have /dev/lirc0 and lirc1.  Is lirc1 for the irblaster side?

Dave