[mythtv-users] 0.23 to 0.24 upgrade; database wont upgrade

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Dec 31 03:54:58 UTC 2010

  On 12/30/2010 05:26 PM, Richard Morton wrote:
> used mythconverg_restore to put back the database backup from my old
> 0.23 system (the one that just died) and ran mythbackend to do the
> database upgrade. it failed. console output is below; --verbose
> database follows that.

> 2010-12-30 22:00:24.748 Current MythTV Schema Version (DBSchemaVer): 1257

This is not a 0.23-fixes schema version.  Go back to the 0.23-fixes
schema from your original old-system backup, then do a log showing the
failed upgrade.  Please use mythconverg_restore.pl as described
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Replacing_an_existing_database
.  And, if the restore script shipped on your system isn't new enough,
follow the directions at that link for retrieving a newer copy.

Mike