[mythtv-users] Tuner errors

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Dec 31 17:20:25 UTC 2010

On 12/31/2010 10:13 AM, Steven Adeff wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 12:12 PM, Josu Lazkano<josu.lazkano at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hello list, I am having a problem with the tuners on system boot,
>> there are errors on tunner and I must restart the backend to get it
>> working.
>>
>> I think is a boot sequence problem, is possible to start the backend
>> when the tuners are loaded?
>>
>> Thanks and best regards.
>
> What type of tuners? What does the backend log show when it's first
> run after boot where it doesn't see the tuners?

You could go with the "no feedback" approach, simply putting a sleep in
the script that starts the backend. You'd have to experiment to
determine the correct sleep time.

Or, you could check for the existence of the capture devices before
starting the backend (the "feedback approach").

The first is obviously the easiest approach, the latter is more
bulletproof in case something delays things at startup (like an fsck).