[mythtv-users] slave backend tuner trying to change to invalid channel

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 17:39:49 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 12:36 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a firewire connected cable box connected to a slave backend. I
> have the same channel lineup selected as the firewire tuner connected
> to the master backend. In live TV, when using the slave backend
> firewire tuner if I try and change to a channel that requires the
> HDPVR, also on the master backend, the slave tries to tune that
> channel anyway (and thus fails).
>
> the channel is set to "invisible" in the database, and it works fine
> on the master backend this way, but on the slave it does not seem to
> pay attention to the invisible state of the channel.
>
> anyone know what's going on here?

oh yea, 0.24-fixes

I take that back, on the master backend it is also trying to tune to
an invisible channel in live tv instead of switching to an input which
has that channel set as visible.

so is the visibility field not used by mythbackend anymore? do I have
to remove the channel altogether from the lineups that don't receive
it?

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!