[mythtv-users] Recommendation required ....

Ray Kinsella raykinsella78 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 21:36:03 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I am struggling to turn my Shuttle K48 into a PVR.
Shuttle only put USB expansion into the K48, which limits my options
for a DVB-T receiver to a USB Tuner only.

 I have tried two Hauppauge DVB-T receivers to date and I can get
neither to work using v4l-backports mercurial repo.

* Hauppauge WIN-TV HVR-900TV USB 2.0 Analogue & Digital TV Tuner
* Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-T USB Stick - DVB-T Digital freeview TV tuner stick

So I am looking for a recommendation for a bulletproof, always works,
USB DVB-T receiver.
Can anyone help?

(I am sure the K48 is OK, as I have had an Artec receiver that worked
in it for a few weeks before giving up) ....

Thanks,

Ray Kinsella