[mythtv-users] Upgrade from MythDora to latest MythBuntu

Bert Van Kets mythtv-users at vankets.com
Mon Feb 1 14:57:58 UTC 2010

Hi Guys,

I have a FE/BE system running for a couple of years and want to upgrade
to a newer mythtv version. I'm still running MythDora 5 and can't update
using yum as this version is not supported anymore.
As I'm moving to Debian and Ubuntu systems in my house I want to move
from MythDora to MythBuntu.
I would like to move the recordings over, but reset the whole
configuration database.
I know the locations of the media files are completely different, but
are there other things you guys can give me advise on?
Anybody have a link on how to do a partial DB backup and restore to move
the recordings over?

The machine: 2.7GHz P4, 1GB RAM, 80GB HDD for OS, 300GB HDD for
recordings, 700GB external HDD for video, pictures, audio, 2 x PVR150,
Creative Labs Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro,  MS remote.

Thanks

Bert