[mythtv-users] Blue-abstract update and applying for the competition

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 21:32:40 UTC 2010

>> can't believe it wont get entered into the comp..

nor can I believe it. Has the theme run foul of some competition guideline?

Of the themes I have seen (on the wiki and this list) I think there
are four fantastic themes that show off mythtvs capability (this is no
sleight at the other authors/designers - there is lots of great work
out there - just these are the most pleasing to me, for different
reasons).
 - Arclight
 - Graphite
both in my opinion lose out due to horizontal menus, which look cool
but are not so easy for many to use.
 - Childish - a great looking original theme
 - Blue-Abstract - great theme, easy to use.

and Metallurgy has a great looking OSD.

So, may I pry as to why it's not submitted as I am disappointed on your behalf?