[mythtv-users] ComCast Digital

Dale Pontius DEPontius at edgehp.net
Tue Feb 2 00:47:11 UTC 2010

Ben Kamen wrote:
> So I've combined my pcHDTV-5500, 3000 and PVR-350 in the same box and
> followed the instructions for adding the digital channels.
>
> I tried using scte65scan to no avail.. (I tried a full scan since I
> don't know the VCT_ID and the scan didn't show anything hinting.
> Googling the web summed up that since my area hasn't shut off analog
> yet, they probably aren't transmitting full scte info yet.)
>
> So I went through and just hand edited the entries throught mythweb to
> get them working since there aren't that many channels to deal with.
>
> On our digital system, we have channels in SD on digital and HD on
> digital. (same OTA station presented on 2 channels)
>
> Now, I also have analog which I'd like to keep using, but some of the
> channel numbers are the same.
>
> So in my reading, it looks like it's safe to have Analog WBUI (in the
> PVR-350) on the same station and "channel number" as Digital WBIU SD and
> OTA WBIU in HD on the same channel as Digital WBIU from cable.
>
> This way I can pick a show and and let the card input priorities do the
> rest.
>
> Yes?  I was worried having stations with the same channel number and
> station ID  would be hairy business.

I'm in a similar situation, though with a pair of hvr-1600s.  I'm
reasonably confident about separating a given station that's present on
NTSC and QAM-SD, but wasn't sure about separating QAM-SD from QAM-HD.
I'd like to hear more detail about what you've done.  (What's WBIU?)

I haven't been able to get mythweb running yet, and have kind of shelved
it until after I move to 0.22.  Channel editing without mythweb looks
quite daunting.

Dale Pontius