[mythtv-users] How to remove Up/Down jump during playback?

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 12:57:34 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 00:26, MythTV <mythtv at ncc1701.serveftp.net> wrote:

> Have you ever played flight-sim?  Does forward on the joystick mean look up or look down?

That's different. :)  And yes, it takes time to get used to that.

> Played FPS games like Quake?  Mouse movement.. mouse up = look up? or look down?

Not much; don't like them. But absolutely mouse up == look up.

I have a friend who always reverses the Y-axis for some reason.
Whenever I try to play on his machine I spend the whole game staring
at my feet :)

...of course, it gives me a good excuse for why I'm such a terrible player :D

> Everyone is different on that opinion, and most games and flight sims have an option
> up front often called "Invert Y Axis"..

I agree. But as far as I can tell, that's hard-coded in Myth. And, not
sure how many people remember it (ie/ have been around long enough),
but it didn't always behave this way. At first, jumping went the way I
expect. Then someone submitted a patch to reverse it (which I removed
from my tree) and then the ChanUp/ChanDown binding was added (which I
also removed from my tree). And that was back in the days when all the
key bindings were hard-coded.

...when we had to walk up-hill to school. Both ways. In blinding snow storms. :)

> Now, as for WAF.. it works "best" the way it is.  So I just put up with it.

In my case the GAF is highest when it doesn't "randomly" jump around
in the recording while she's trying to adjust the timestretch, etc. :)

I've also noticed that the number+left/right doesn't work "properly"
(which is to say, the way it used to work) anymore. I'll have to find
some time to look into that, too.

And "I" on the Watch Recordings screen doesn't bring up the menu
anymore :(  It brings up the recording details... I already had a
button for that. :(

Yes, I knew about both of those "issues" --- to some extent ---
already, while they were discussed on-list. I just hadn't realized
anything had been done to break... er, I mean "fix" them already :) :)
:) :)

(Please don't argue the merits or otherwise of those recent
adjustments. We've all read about them to death on the list already. I
will find my solution :) )

aaron