[mythtv-users] Blue-abstract update (Theme competition)

Mike Holden mythtv at mikeholden.org
Tue Feb 2 14:28:16 UTC 2010

trebor_s at web.de wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 11:41:59 -0000, "Mike Holden" <mythtv at mikeholden.org>
>> In Upcoming Recordings, 2-digit card numbers hang over the edge a bit
> (I'm
>> sure I'm not
>> the only one with more than 9 tuners in this multirec world!).
>
> Wow 9 tuners! So all you usb and pci ports are full?
> I will update the theme within the next two days. the issues you have
> reported will then be fixed. Thanks for the information!

9 tuners, 3 PCI cards in 2 BEs - note the key word "multirec" in my post!

I have 2 x Nova T dual tuner DVB-T (Freeview) cards in one box, 2 physical tuners on
each card, 3 "virtual/multirec" tuners on each physical tuner, giving 12 DVB-T tuenrs in
total. Add to this one PVR350 in a slave BE recording via S-Video from a cable
settopbox.

Not as OTT as it sounds!

Now that multirec works on DVB-T, DVB-S and probably others as well, it's not uncommon
for a single machine to be able to contain many "virtual" tuners without too much strain
on the hardware.

Add to that mix the ability to add cards on multiple slave backends, then I think you
need to cater for double figures in card numbers, even for people with a clean
installation and tuner numbers starting at 1. Delete and re-add a couple of cards a few
times and you can easily end up with your first tuner as number 10 or higher!!
--
Mike Holden

http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop
for all manner of hand crafted items,
including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts