[mythtv-users] OT: Music tools for Linux...

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 20:11:26 UTC 2010

Hi,

The best solution I have found is jrmediacenter (or the free jukebox
version). Unfortunately this is windows only but works over a share;
or in a VM and some report of success with WINE although I havent had
luck.

With regard to FOSS solutions; I have also looked at MusicBrainz
Picard, Banshee Media Player, RhythmBox & Listen Music Player.

My problem is two fold;
 - inconsistent file naming of artists and album names
 - similarly for the meta data
 - duplicates

unfortunately I havent found a great FOSS tool to deal with this
yet... but if you find one... please post back here.