[mythtv-users] IR working but HD-PVR crashing

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed Feb 3 13:58:00 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 1:40 AM, Kaushik Mallick
<kmallick2000 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> OK, some progress finally!
>
> Just for sanity check I switched the RCA plug for the blaster
> from hole #1 to hole #2 on the back of the MCE USB transceiver.
> And voila! The IR bug now flashes with the irsend command!

Bah. Your device has an inverted xmit mask then. Or is listed in the
driver as having an inverted xmit mask when it doesn't. Either way,
getting port #1 working should be a one-line change to lirc_mceusb.c.
Give me your usb vendor/device ID for your mceusb device, and I'll see
if it isn't one of the ones I've recently fixed, or if it still needs
fixing. (A number of transceivers were added to the driver with their
xmit mask type guessed based on prior entries from the same mfg...
Apparently, even the same mfgs often ship different product IDs of the
same device with different xmit masks. :\).

> But I still cannot get my STB (a Motorola DCH3200) to respond
> to the IR blaster. I know the spot where the IR eye is on the
> DCH3200 (right and top of the Ch+) key as I have had success with
> blasting using the blaster on the HD-PVR. Therefore I am pretty
> confident that I have my IR bug affixed to the correct position on the STB.
> Just for checking and I moved around the IR bug in that area, but no luck!
>
> In other words, my channel change script doesn't work quite yet.
>
> Therefore could it be that the codes in the lircd.conf file for DCH3200 I
> downloaded from:
>
> http://lircconfig.commandir.com/lircd.conf/?viewremote=485
>
> is not correct?

Add a line 'min_repeat 2' to the config, just after the 'gap' line,
see if that doesn't help... iirc, I had to do similar to get one of my
own Motorola devices to respond.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com