[mythtv-users] Hauppauge

Gary Heard gheard at whitesaddlers.co.uk
Wed Feb 3 15:40:11 UTC 2010

Hi, I'm running SuSe11.2 (64 bit) and trying to get a Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-HD-S2 to work.  How should it appear in the system setup for a TV Card?  Currently it shows as 3 seperate cards. for TV, MPEG and Audio.

I got the firmware from a site that said this card is the same as the HVR-4000, but it doesn't seem to work.

Can someone tell me

1) Is the fimware I downloaded the correct one for this card

2) How should it display in the TV Card setup, 3 cards or a single card

Finally Myth (0.22) doesn't see it as a DVB card so I can never scan for channels, I hope I'm right in thinking if I can get the Firmware to work correctly it should be recognised as a DVB card

Thanks