[mythtv-users] RESOLVED: Switched to MythBuntu 9.1, Standard def TV, stretch

Naoyuki Tai ntai at smartfruit.com
Wed Feb 3 16:59:29 UTC 2010

FYI,

I got the fglrx driver going with MythBuntu 9.10.
My motherboard is, (I believe) Gigabyte GA-MA78GM that has

01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon HD 3200
Graphics

My TV is Panasonic LCD 32" which only takes 1280x720.

I'd be happy with the "ati" driver, but it does not work for my setup.
The whole screen is bigger than the TV by about 20pixels all around, and
SD playback streches. fglrx driver puts out the correct screen size, and
plays HD and SD with correct aspect ratio.

fglrx driver that MythBuntu 9.10 offers does not work, and it crashes at
start up.
You need to download and install the latest fglrx driver.

With it, and turning off "Enable OpenGL vertical sync for timing", it is
working good.

Anyhow, I am not 100% done with the setup but as a Myth backend/frontend,
my MythBuntu 9.10 is up and running.

--
Naoyuki Tai <ntai at smartfruit.com>