[mythtv-users] TIVO and cablecard ?

Misc Things formisc at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 01:14:41 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 8:11 PM, Misc Things <formisc at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 4:23 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> > Sorry John, you do not own that content you've paid for access to.
>> You're
>> > only licensed to view it.
>> >
>> BTW, Sorry for starting the discussion about content rights. I am in
>> cranky mood (long work related OT reason).
>>
>> John
>>

> yeah we kinda wondered into a different area than i originally intended.

So returning to the implicit question that i had in mind when i asked the
original question - so then why do i want to bother with mythtv if @ the end
i'm getting much less functionality then (even from ) TIVO - i can't recprd
multiple channels, can''t switch channels, can't get rid of the STBs ...
Thank you,
Andrew