[mythtv-users] Foreign character sets

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Thu Feb 4 01:44:34 UTC 2010

I have a bunch of Japanese movies.  Some of them get pulled in from tmdb
with kanji (japanese characters), some with their American names, and
some with their japanese names in roman characters.  I would really like
for all of them to be in kanji.

However, the japanese input system doesn't seem to work, and I can't cut
and paste into the screen edit window.  Short of directly editing the
database, I'm out of ideas on how to get kanji into the movie title.

Is there some CLI utility for editing the database?

Thanks,

--Yan

--

   o__